This is an excellent blog post on how to obtain the right kind of attention. This is particularly useful when trying to obtain attention (read resources) for a privacy problem.
- Embrace mystery – Frame really gnarly problems that are relevant to you and need to be solved.
- Focus inquiry – Don’t try to suggest answers. Frame interesting questions instead.
- Excite the imagination – Provide some “what if?” scenarios to illustrate the possibilities that await those who manage to come up with creative answers.
- Limit availability – Lots of people will seek you out if you are successful in exciting the imagination.
- Be authentic – If you try to game this, you will be found out and the backlash will be significant.